The Fishermans net

The stories included here show how God is working in the lives of His people on a daily basis, in every aspect and in a way that makes clear that He is 'leading His children along'.

The stories are all taken from the members and attendees of Christ's American Baptist Church of Menges Mills, Pa.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Fishwrapper Vol. I

Vol. 1

Prudence is my name, writing is my game. When I had my Tea Room I sent email newsletters to my customers and friends. In them, I rambled on about what was going on in my life, news events that might interest those who came for tea and comfort, and just fun things I had stumbled upon while trying to survive the trials and tribulations of life on a small farm in the middle of no where.

I talked about my faith in Christ and how He used different circumstances in that very crazy life to show me the path He wanted me to follow. I’m living proof that even the hardest headed vessel on the shelf can be reshaped and molded into His image. It may take a while but He is patient, forgiving and will never give up on you.

The chorus of G. A. Young’s great song of comfort says, “God leads His dear children along. Some through the waters, some through the flood, some through the fire, but all through the blood. Some through great sorrow, but God gives a song, in the night season and all the day long.” It’s obvious that the author was reflecting upon an even greater song from the inspired pen of Isaiah in his prophecy, chapter 43, verse 2, “When thou passes through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walk-est through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.” ( Why can’t we sing this in church???)

It is with this thought in mind that I want to talk to you. I’ve been asked to start doing a newsletter for the people of our church. The old song above is a favorite of mine and the words were such a comfort when I was going through the sale of our beloved farm and the subsequent move to our new home. I struggled with so many emotions, some not so Christ like, but through it all, my Savior was beside me and before me carrying me through. I know you all have stories of times when He carried you ‘through the night season and all the day long’. Would you share your story with me and the congregation in our little ‘Fish Wrapper’? They don’t have to be just tales of woe. A little joy would be great to! I hope if I email you or give you a call you will tell me your story. Prudence

No comments:

Post a Comment